UBConnect is a market-leading provider of digital infrastructure for mobile networks in Norway. The Norwegian telecom companies are rolling out new 5G networks on a large scale and UBConnect plays a key part in this. We are also an increasingly important participant in the expansion of 5G networks in the European market.
By creating the foundations for next-generation networks, we are connecting people and the world. We are proud of being a facilitator for a more intelligent, efficient, and sustainable society.
Due to rapidly growing development of 5G networks and our continuous growth, for our new office in Slovakia we are looking for new colleagues who will join our international design department.
As a TSSR Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design, preparation and verification of TSSR documentation. This very detailed document consists of comprehensive information of mobile site design, including mobile radio equipment, antenna system, civil works, power supply system, cabling routes, list of installation services, etc.
In this role you will collaborate with the following internal departments: electro, transmission (MW, fiber), construction as well as with external sources of information ie. customer IT systems.
As a member of an international project management organization, you will be developing documentation and processes for various customers in a fast paced and exciting design environment.
We promise you a part on a world class team, in an international environment. We are agile, reliable and team-oriented. Together with us you will build next generation mobile networks, enabling new and innovative solutions that contribute to a better society.
Your scope of duties:
- Analyze input documents (radio, power and CW plan) photos and site visit report from Site survey
- Consulting with internal experts (CW- Civil Work, Electro, Transmission, Solutions) during TSSR production
- Design and preparation of TSSR (Technical Site Survey Report) – Technical solutions document for installation or swap instruction that includes radio equipment, antenna system, steel construction, cabling routes, cabinet arrangement, power supply (can include some AutoCad drawings)
- Production of BOM (Bill of material), set of equipment and material needed to complete scope of work defined in TSSR
- Budgeting – making specification of work items contracted between UBConnect and customer per TSSR
- University degree in Telecommunications
- Work experience in project designing in telecommunications, mobile networks (roll-out/swap/system optimization projects)
- Work experience in international and Scandinavian projects is an advantage (not a must)
- Proficiency in AutoCad is an advantage
- Good computer skills: MS Office, Adobe Acrobat, photo editors
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Positive, cooperative and a team player
- Fast learner, independent and responsible
- Analytical thinker and detail-oriented
- Attractive position in a fast-growing mobile networks industry
- An international, innovative, and professional working environment
- Ability to work with highly skilled team of telecommunication engineers
- Occasional travels to Scandinavia
- Hybrid work model (mix of office and home office)