UBConnect is a market-leading provider of digital infrastructure for mobile networks in Norway. The Norwegian telco companies are rolling out new 5G networks on a large scale and UBConnect has a key part in this. We are also an increasingly important participant in the expansion of 5G networks in the European market.
By creating the foundations for next-generation networks, we are connecting people and the world. We are proud of being a facilitator for a more intelligent, efficient, and sustainable society.
Due to rapidly growing development of 5G networks and our continuous growth for our new offices we are looking for new colleagues who will join our team.
As a Bid Manager you will be responsible for providing professional and effective management of tenders. Working collaboratively with Business Development and Steering Committee to analyses and supporting growth of business with new and existing customers.
You will be part of international Sales and Operational units which are responsible for sales and business development processes. You will ensure to shape competitive financial proposal meeting both client business cases and internal financial goals.
We are looking for you if you are inspired by technology, motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, collaborative work and quality.
Your scope of duties:
- Conduct and deliver analyzes across different tenders and auctions for international projects
- Ensure that tenders are planned, delivered, and submitted in a timely and professional manner
- Lead the tender through internal governance in cooperation with company executives to provide full package of information required to take strategic decisions
- Analyze success factors, prepare presentations and participate in steering committee meetings
- Prepare pre-qualifications and proposals for existing or prospecting customers
- Optimize the tender process, establish guidelines and templates for effective tender processes
- Support pre- and post-contract lessons learned activities
- Work together with the management and sales creating value proposition and solution to address clients needs
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a bid manager (or similar position) in the Telecom industry with proven track record
- Graduate degree in Telecommunications or Information Technology
- Good understanding of sales and bidding process for complex deals
- Strong willingness to dive into challenges and take direction
- Attention to details and structured approach
- Customer oriented and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and work with an international environment
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Familiarity with bidding process and sales or account management
- Comfortable with figures and in collecting, analyzing, and interpreting data
- Knowledge of developments and trends in the Mobile Telco market.
- Verifiable experience with the following types of deals: Mobile Services regarding Infrastructure and Outsourcing 5M EUR TCO.
- Track record working with local/regional bid teams with budgets over 5M EUR
- APMP certification would be an advantage
- Experienced in communicating with and presenting to customer audiences
- Familiar with sales methodologies.
- Initiator, proactive, and see yourself in leading roles
- Positive, cooperative, and with a can-do attitude
- Fast learner, independent, and responsible
- Analytical thinker and detail-oriented
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Working with skilled, international teams in a fast-paced and inspiring working environment
- Occasional travels to Scandinavia and other key markets
- Hybrid work model (mix of office and home office)